Water Use and Streamflow Records

Revised: September 23, 2008

The Division maintains records of water diversion from surface and underground sources which are included in River Commissioner managed water distribution systems. Distribution systems are organized either through a court order or by the State Engineer. A PC computer program called PCDIVERT can be downloaded and used to manage distribution system records, prepare reports, and transfer records to the Division.

The Division also maintains water records on public and industrial water suppliers as part of a cooperative program with the USGS.

The Division cooperates with the USGS to operate stream gages in various parts of the state. The Division as a pilot project is also operating a small number of stream gages without USGS participation.